Why cleaning fuel tanks?
All fuel contains water in a greater or lesser proportion.
Diesel contains Biodiesel, a component that induces the emergence and growth of bacteria and fungus.
Because of the action that water, and bacteria/fungus has; in time debris might appear inside the fuel tanks.
This debris can be transferred into the vehicles engine and could produce major damages.
In the same way debris block filters, create damages to the pumping units and flow-meters inside fuel dispensers and on ATG probes, decreased delivery flow-rate and the reduces tanks operation life.
Aquafighter system for Diesel/ Bio-diesel
What is it Aquafighter?
The Aquafighter® technology is a fabric tank absorber that removes 100% of both bound water and free water from diesel fuel to 60ppm. Aquafighter® remains in the diesel tank and continually keeps the tank free of all water at all times preventing diesel bug and other issues related to water content in the fuel and condensation. (https://aquafighter.com/index.html)
Scope of use
1.Purified diesel tank, free of free water
2.Purified diesel tank, free of bound water
4.Purified diesel tank, free of fungus (from bio-diesel)
How can be used it?
Aquafighter® canvas filter has to simply be entered in the fuel tank through the largest cover opening and will remain inside keeping diesel free water.
In normal circumstances, with canvas filter, right choice, a filter works for 1-2 years.
The larger canvas filter Aquafighter is designed for fuel depots and terminals or other very large tanks for diesel storage.
This depot Aquafighter® filter will be suspended from the top of the tank and isolate bound water that collects within the tank. As this Aquafighter® Depot will remain in the tank at all times, it will assure “zero water” within the bulk fuel at all time.
For fuel stations and professional tank cleaners, Aquafighter® will restore “gray diesel” into on-spec diesel for resale and reduce the amount of waste diesel up to 90%!
- keeps diesel tank completely free of water all times
- the only solution for removal of bio- bound water from bio-diesel content in the fuel tank
- eliminates bacteria and microbial growth (diesel bug)
- an Aquafighter canvas filter keeps tank water free more that 2 years under common conditions
- reduces tank corrosion
- reduces tank cleaning and maintenance (water extraction from bottom tank, storage for separation, transport of waste hydro-carbonates to incinerators)
- makes savings of diesel, reducing sewage fuel quantity
it is an economic solution which works slowly in time
Leighton O’Brien system for gasoline, diesel/ bio-diesel
Our partner Leighton O’Brien works in three interconnected and integrated areas: fuel tank and pipe testing, fuel stock monitor and fuel tank cleaning. (https://www.leightonobrien.com/)
In this last point mentioned above our partners offer:
Sludge and sediment are removed from the tank floor
Convenient 1-day tank clean without the need for closure
Fuel cleaned to 2 microns
Remediate microbial growth, phase, & water
Minimal fuel losses
Typical cleaning underground tank cleaning Leighton O’Brien includes:
- Removal of free water, sludge, sediment and rust
- Removing free water, sediment and rust by traversing tank cleaning equipment along the entire tank floor
- Collect waste and fuel in a 2,000-liter tank for settlement
- Repeat this stage until all free water, sediment and rust has been removed from the tank floor by viewing samples from all accessible points
2. Filtration and polishing of fuel
- Returning settled product & drumming off waste
- At this stage, the sediment and water has been given time to settle.
- The remaining fuel in the settlement tank is drawn off the top, treated and returned to the tank.
- The remaining waste in the settlement tank is carted and disposed of in accordance with EPA and state regulations.
Equipment for fuel tank cleaning
All clients receive a detailed report including:
- Executive Summary and Recommendations
- Overview of the cleaning methodology used, including sampling process, cleaning process and additional services like line flushing, dispenser filters, etc.
Details about clean including:
Stock/inventory before cleaning
Water in tank before cleaning
Water volume separated during clean
Number of dispensers flushed
Total liters filtered by filter micron size
Final Stock/inventory after cleaning
Fuel tank cleaning and fine filtration solution proposed by Leighton O’Brien has following advantages:
- Improve the cost effectiveness of free phase water removal from tanks
- Remediate phase separation from ethanol blends
- Eliminate costly insurance claims from customers vehicles breaking down
- Kill and remove microbial growth, and the environment they live in
- Reduce the re-occurrence rate of microbial growth in your fuel tank to almost zero
- Remove rust and eliminate problems with blocked filters
- Improve the functionality of pumps and ATGs
- Eliminate power outages involving critical emergency power backup systems
- Remediate and re-sell degraded fuel